TIFFEN ND FILTERS
Solid Neutral Density
These filters reduce the amount of light passing through the camera lens without changing the color of the scene. They are especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure. Neutral Density filters also allow proper exposure at a wider lens opening for reduced depth-of-field to highlight a key subject by making the foreground and/or background out of focus.
- Eliminates overly bright, washed-out images
- Balances exposure
- Controls depth-of-field
- Allows slower shutter speeds to produce blurred motion effects
- Available with High Quality – Water White Glass
.3 (1 Stop), .6 (2 Stop), .9 (3 Stop),
Color Grad® (Graduated) Neutral Density
Often, you want to balance light intensity between two areas within a scene. This is important outdoors to allow more sky detail while properly exposing the foreground. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky, exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark, underexposed.
- Part clear, part neutral density, with a smoothly graded transition between
- A Color-Grad ND.6-to-clear is often best for balancing sky to foreground
- Neutral gray appearance drops exposure
- Multi Coated, Digital HT version also available
.6 (2 Stop)