SEKONIC L-3085 U FLASHMATE
The pocket-sized Sekonic L-308S-U Flashmate is the smallest and lightest digital light meter in the Sekonic line-up. It is designed to read ambient or flash exposures in either reflected or incident modes, and it displays accurate exposure readings in full, half, or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure settings of today's DSLR and film cameras.
The L-308S-U delivers accurate exposure readings in full-, half-, or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure displays of most popular cameras. When set to full-stop mode, exposures are displayed in tenth-stop increments with a repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV.
The LCD screen is designed to emulate the look and feel of its bigger brother, the Sekonic L-358 flash meter. Exposure data and related information are displayed using large type and easy-to-read icons, perfectly legible in even low-level lighting conditions.
Incident or reflected light measurement
- Reflected light readings are captured at a receiving angle of about 40 degrees for subject readings made at the camera. Slide the L-308S-U's built-in Lumisphere over the silicon photo diode for incident light exposure readings of three-dimensional subjects. Snap on the included Lumidisc over the sensor for metering flat artwork or measuring contrast and/or exposure ratios within a scene.
Ambient / Flash measurement
- Incident or reflected ambient light readings can be made with the L-308S-U over a wide range of lighting conditions at shutter speeds from 60 seconds to 1/8000th of a second and apertures from f/stops of f/1.4 to f/90.9. Flash at speeds from 1 to 1/500th of a second can be measured cordless or wired using a separate accessory PC cord. Flash and ambient readings are automatically calculated to display the proper exposure for the combination.
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings are available in full-stop mode. The L-308S-U can also display shutter speeds and apertures in half or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure settings on your camera with a repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV. For cinema applications frame rates can be set from 8 to 128 frames per second. ISO sensitivity can be set from 3 to 8000 in third-stop increments.
Compact size and lightweight
- The L-308S-U is the smallest digital flash meter for reflective and incident light readings in ambient or electronic flash lighting conditions. It is compact and light enough to fit into a shirt pocket, yet versatile enough to meet virtually every photographic demand. The L-308S-U is powered by a single AA battery and weighs only 3.4 ounces (95g). Its measurements are a compact 2.5"W x 4.3"H x 0.9"D (63mmW x 110mmH x 22mmD).
- The Sekonic L-308S-U FlashMate comes with a Lumidisc (with pouch), soft case, strap, synchro terminal cap and an AA battery. It has a full, 1-year warranty, extendable at no charge to 3 years total (in the USA only) after registration, and is backed by our outstanding customer support team.
- Type: Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
- Receptor Head: Sliding Lumisphere with Lumidisc Adapter
- Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
- Receptor Incident Light: Built-In Lumisphere, Attachable Lumidisc (included)
- Receptor Reflected Light: Lens with 40° Receiving Angle
- Light Receptor Element: Silicone photo diode
Measuring Range and Modes
- Measuring Modes Ambient Light:
- EV metering
- Shutter priority metering
- Measuring Modes Flash:
- Without synchro cord
- With synchro cord
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:
- Incident light EV 0 to EV 19.9
- Reflected light EV 0 to EV 19.9 (with 40° angle)
- Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash:
- Incident light f/1.4 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124)
- Reflected light f/1.4 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124) with 40° Lumigrid
- Repeatability Repeat Accuracy: (+/-) 0.1 EV or less
- Calibration Constant Incident: Lumisphere C = 340, Lumidisc C = 250
- Calibration Constant Reflected: K = 12.5
Display Range and Modes
- Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient: 60 sec to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash: 1 sec to 1/500 sec. (in 1/ 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100 sec.
- Display Range Aperture: f/0.5 to f/90.9 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
- Display Range EV: EV -5.0 to EV 26.0 (in 1/10 steps)
- Display Cine Speeds fps: 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 64, 128 (shutter angle: 180°)
- Exposure Out Of Range: Eu (underexposure) or Eo (overexposure)
- Auto Power Off: Yes, About 4 minutes after last usage
- Battery Power Indicator Display: Icon with 3 status
- Battery(Power): (1) Type AA 1.5V Battery alkaline, manganese or lithium
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C
- Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 140° F / -20° to 60° C
Dimension and Weight
- Product Dimensions: 4.30x2.50x0.90 in./10.90x6.40x2.30 cm
- Product Weight: 0.20lbs./0.10kg.
- Item Includes
- L-308S Case, Strap, Syncro Terminal Cap and Lumidisc w/ case